Annual Meeting of the Trustees of the Nobel
The 2007 Financial Management of the
On Friday, April 25, the Trustees of the Nobel Foundation approved the 2007 financial statements of the Foundation:
- On December 31, 2007, the market value of the Foundation's invested capital amounted to SEK 3,628 m. Total return on assets (growth in Foundation assets after adding back the year's disbursements) amounted to 4.7 per cent, up from 2.9 per cent in 2006.
- Net assets, that is, the market value of equity calculated as invested capital at market value adjusted for other balance sheet items, increased by 1.5 per cent or SEK 55.4 m. The corresponding figures for 2006 were a decrease of 0.3 per cent or SEK 9.5 m.
- The value of the Foundation's share portfolio, which comprised 64 per cent (64) of the total portfolio at year-end, rose by 2.6 per cent (3.6) during 2007. The annual average for the last five years' return on assets is 11.5 per cent, at the same level as a benchmark index.
- The return on the Foundation's bond portfolio during 2007 was 2.9 per cent (2.3), compared to 2.9 per cent (1.9) for a benchmark index. The market value of this portfolio comprised 19 per cent (21) of the total portfolio at year-end.
- The Foundation's book profit amounted to SEK 232.9 (230.4) m.
- The 2008 Nobel Prizes were set at SEK 10.0 m per Prize (Physics, Chemistry, Physiology or Medicine, Literature and Peace). The total amount of all five Nobel Prizes is SEK 50.0 m. In addition, the Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel will amount to SEK 10.0 m.
Stockholm, April 25, 2008
THE NOBEL FOUNDATION / Michael Sohlman, Executive Director
Nobel Prize® and the Nobel Prize® medal design mark are the registered trademarks of the Nobel Foundation.
To cite this page
MLA style: "Press Release - Annual Meeting of the Trustees of the Nobel Foundation". Nobelprize.org. Nobel Media AB 2014. Web. 20 Jan 2017. <http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_organizations/nobelfoundation/press_releases_archive/2008/meeting_2008.html>