Nobel Media AB – The New Media Company of the Nobel Foundation
20 September 2004
The Nobel Foundation has decided to take a firmer grip of its media rights. As of this autumn Nobel Media AB will own, produce and develop new media rights connected with the Nobel Prize. Camilla Hyltén-Cavallius has been appointed Managing Director, having previously been Head of Information for the Nobel Foundation.
Nobel Media AB has the following three main objectives:
- To develop the Nobel programmes and find new formats
- To increase international distribution of Nobel programmes
- To strengthen control over, with an aim to protect, the trademarks and immaterial rights of the Nobel Foundation
Nobel Media will initially work with the TV rights in connection with previously well known Nobel programmes such as the Nobel Prize Award Ceremony and Banquet, Nobel Minds, documentaries and portraits of the Nobel Laureates.
- With Nobel Media as a holder of the rights of the Nobel programmes we are convinced that their development is also leading to new formats, says Camilla Hyltén-Cavallius.
After extensive negotiations with numerous TV producers, Nobel Media has chosen Sveriges Television (Swedish Television) to be principal producer of the first series of Nobel programmes for 2004-2006, whereby they also will continue to be one of the world distributors.
As international partner Nobel Media has selected IMG (International Management Group) and TWI to work primarily with sponsoring and distribution of programmes to international channels.
- We believe that this cooperation will lead to further distribution and a deeper knowledge of the Nobel Prize and the contributions of its Laureates, says Michael Sohlman, Executive Director of the Nobel Foundation.
The Nobel programmes today consist of eight productions: Transmission of the Nobel Prize Award Ceremony and Banquet, four portraits of this year's Laureates, the discussion programme Nobel Minds and the summary Nobel Highlights, all of which are distributed in Sweden and internationally, reaching a large pubic of viewers world wide.
For further information, please contact
Camilla Hyltén-Cavallius, Managing Director Nobel Media AB, telephone +46 8 663 14 83
MLA style: "Press Release". Nobelprize.org. 19 May 2013 http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_organizations/nobelmedia/press_releases_archive/2007/nobel_media.html