Nobelprize.org expands channels and news services for the 2009 Nobel Prize Announcements
30 September, 2009
Nobelprize.org has expanded its range of services that can provide you with the official news about the 2009 Nobel Prize Announcements as soon as they happen. The first announcement, for the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine, will be made on October 5, (see the full timetable of announcements here). You can receive the news the exact moment the announcements are made public in the following ways:
- Live web cast on Nobelprize.org. The press conferences from the Nobel Prize awarding institutions will be broadcast live on Nobelprize.org. If you cannot follow the live web cast, the announcements as well as interviews will be available as video on-demand after a few hours.
Announcement of the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine
Announcement of the Nobel Prize in Physics
Announcement of the Nobel Prize in Chemistry
Announcement of the Nobel Peace Prize
Announcement of the Prize in Economic Sciences
Announcement of the Nobel Prize in Literature
- Facebook. Keep up with the latest news on the Nobelprize.org Facebook page and read comments from our Facebook fans.
- RSS Feed. Sign up to the Nobelprize.org RSS Feed and receive breaking news of the Nobel Prize Announcements and links to exclusive content, such as interviews with the new Nobel Laureates and summaries of the Nobel Prizes, as it appears on Nobelprize.org.
- Twitter alerts. The Twitter feed lets you keep in touch with the Nobel Prize Announcements using the web, through SMS alerts on your phone, or instant messenger services.
- iGoogle gadget. If you have a personalised Google page, add the Nobelprize.org iGoogle gadget to discover the identities of the 2009 Nobel Prize Laureates.
- Widget. You can add the 2009 Nobel Prize Announcements widget to your website or blog for up-to-the-minute news as they occur.
The moment each Nobel Prize Announcement is made, Nobelprize.org will provide background information on the new Nobel Laureates and their work, including the official documentation from the Nobel Prize awarding institutions. For further information on these services, and for background information on the Nobel Prizes, visit the Nobelprize.org press room.
Marketing and Communications Manager
Nobel Web AB
Tel: (46) 738 52 35 95
About Nobel Web AB
Nobel Web AB is responsible for Nobelprize.org, the official website of the Nobel Foundation. Nobelprize.org acts as the online gateway to the Nobel Prize and hosts a unique collection of archival material on all Nobel Prizes from their inception in 1901 to the present day. Currently receiving well over 38 million visitors a year, Nobelprize.org aims to be the best source of information and educational materials related to the Nobel Prizes, and the site offers audio and video interviews, articles and interactive games alongside coverage of Nobel Prize announcements and the award ceremonies. Building on this deep base of resources focused around every individual Nobel Prize, Nobelprize.org aims to offer extra levels of understanding, affording visitors a larger view of the history of science and exhibiting each prize within its broader context.
Copyright © Nobel Web AB 2009
Nobelprize.org® and Nobel Prize® are registered trademarks of the Nobel Foundation.
MLA style: "Press Release". Nobelprize.org. 20 May 2013 http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_organizations/nobelmedia/press_releases_archive/2009/news_services_nw.html