Professor of Law. Member of the German parliament. Member of the Permanent Court of International Justice.
Philipps University of Marburg
Schücking promoted international law and arbitration. He had been associated with the Institute of International Law since 1910. After WWI Schücking became a leading member of the "Deutsche Liga für den Völkervorbund" and he worked primarily on a draft of a covenant for the League of Nations. He was a member of the German delegation to the Versailles peace negotiations. In 1919 Schücking initiated the founding of a new German Inter-Parliamentary Group, over which he presided. He was also a member of the Council of the Inter-Parliamentary Union.
Member of the Commission of the Permanent International Peace Bureau.
Heilberg also nominated the Permanent International Peace Bureau, but Schücking was his primary choice.
Breslau was part of Germany. In August 1945 Breslau became part of Poland and the name was changed to Wroclaw.