Ethiopian Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed Ali
This is a step-by-step timetable for the Nobel Prize Lesson – a ready to use lesson on the 2019 Nobel Peace Prize. The lesson is designed to take 45 minutes.
A Swedish version of the lesson is available at nobelprizemuseum.se
Teacher’s Guide (PDF 60K)
1. Warm-up (5 min)
Ask your students the following questions.
- What is the Nobel Prize?
- Why is it called the Nobel Prize?
- Are you familiar with any Nobel Laureate?
2. Show the video about Alfred Nobel and the Nobel Prize (5 min)
3. Slideshow (15 min)
Show the slides, using the speaker’s manuscript.
Slideshow (PDF 2,5 MB)
Speaker’s Manuscript (PDF 400 Kb)
4. Show the interview with an expert in the field (5 min)
5. Student worksheet (10-15 min)
Let your students work individually with the questions and then discuss their answers with a classmate.
Student Worksheet (PDF 150 Kb)
6. Conclusion (5 min)
Summarise what you and the class have understood, and what you have not understood. You can work with the latter on another occasion.
Links for further information
Press release for the 2019 Nobel Peace Prize