Nominated on 6 occasions for the Nobel Prize in
- Chemistry 1905, by Jacob Volhard
- Chemistry 1907, by Hans von Euler-Chelpin
- Chemistry 1907, by Carl Harries
- Physiology or Medicine 1902, by Hans Buchner
- Physiology or Medicine 1902, by Carl Voit
- Physiology or Medicine 1904, by Max Gruber
Submitted 5 nominations, for the Nobel Prize in
- Chemistry 1909, nominee: Theodor Curtius
- Chemistry 1911, nominee: Paul Sabatier
- Chemistry 1913, nominee: Carl Harries
- Chemistry 1914, nominee: Carl Harries
- Chemistry 1917, nominee: Fritz Pregl
MLA style: “Eduard Buchner – Nominations”. Nobelprize.org. Nobel Media AB 2014. Web. 22 Jun 2018.
See the list of all Nobel Prizes, awarded for "the greatest benefit to mankind."
In his will, Alfred Nobel left 31 million SEK to found the Nobel Prizes.
Medicine Laureate Shinya Yamanaka talks about the importance of taking risks.