Nominated on 15 occasions for the Nobel Prize in
- Physics 1934, by Jean Perrin
- Physics 1946, by Otto Hahn
- Physics 1949, by Boris Rajewsky
- Physics 1949, by Erwin Madelung
- Physics 1951, by Otto Hahn
- Physics 1952, by Otto Hahn
- Physics 1953, by Otto Hahn
- Physics 1953, by Karl Johann Freudenberg
- Physics 1954, by Albert Einstein
- Physics 1954, by Otto Hahn
- Physics 1954, by Max von Laue
- Physics 1954, by M Czerny
- Physics 1954, by H Dänzer
- Physics 1954, by Friedrich Hund
- Physics 1954, by Karl Johann Freudenberg
Submitted 4 nominations, for the Nobel Prize in
- Physics 1937, nominee: Hans Geiger
- Physics 1953, nominee: Robert Wichard Pohl
- Physics 1957, nominee: Emilio Segrè, Robert Wichard Pohl
- Chemistry 1957, nominee: Karl Johann Freudenberg
MLA style: “Walther Bothe – Nominations”. Nobelprize.org. Nobel Media AB 2014. Web. 22 Jun 2018.
See the list of all Nobel Prizes, awarded for "the greatest benefit to mankind."
In his will, Alfred Nobel left 31 million SEK to found the Nobel Prizes.
Medicine Laureate Shinya Yamanaka talks about the importance of taking risks.