Nobel Prize Summit
Truth, Trust and Hope
The Nobel Prize Summit is a three-day hybrid event in Washington DC, taking place 24-26 May 2023, and will feature both in-person and virtual experiences.
Inspirational in-person and online talks, panel discussions, interactive sessions, and games to explore:
- How our brains process, interpret, react to information.
- How misinformation and disinformation generates and exacerbates divisions, impedes meaningful progress, and threatens the credibility of individuals, scientists and institutions.
- Global experiences on countering mis- and disinformation and building and nurturing trust, and the enablers of credible knowledge and data proliferation.
By-invitation only meeting featuring scientists, researchers, communications professionals, technology sector and business community, Nobel Prize laureates, policy makers, and journalists, to:
- Review the research on cognitive science, psychology and mis/dis-information, and strategies to tackle and resist it.
- Identify how stakeholders work together to develop, adopt, and implement robust solutions for restoring truth and rebuilding trust and hope.
A series of in-person and online events sponsored by multiple partners and stakeholders that will bring Nobel Prize laureates together with educators and students at all levels to:
- Share knowledge on how to effectively teach and communicate scientific literacy and how to recognise and dispel mis- and disinformation.
- Effectively incorporate lessons in addressing mis- and disinformation into classroom teaching and curricula.