Nominated on 6 occasions for the Nobel Prize in
- Physics 1914, by Emil Warburg
- Physics 1915, by Stefan Meyer
- Physics 1915, by Theodore Richards
- Physics 1915, by Svante Arrhenius
- Physics 1915, by Henry Bumstead
- Chemistry 1915, by Svante Arrhenius
Submitted 4 nominations, for the Nobel Prize in
- Physics 1925, nominee: John Fleming
- Physics 1927, nominee: John Fleming
- Physics 1937, nominee: Ludwig Prandtl
- Physics 1939, nominee: Sir Edward Appleton
MLA style: “William Bragg – Nominations”. Nobelprize.org. Nobel Media AB 2014. Web. 22 Jun 2018.
See the list of all Nobel Prizes, awarded for "the greatest benefit to mankind."
In his will, Alfred Nobel left 31 million SEK to found the Nobel Prizes.
Medicine Laureate Shinya Yamanaka talks about the importance of taking risks.